Saturday, January 15, 2011

F-U

Well over the last weeks I have been listening to NPR's year in review and have gotten addicted to Cee-Lo Greeen's song "Forget You (FU)". It is not just funny but it has such a great tune to it. Little did I know that it was popular in China, or at least that is the excuse that I am giving a dude I ran into in an Elevator door way. I was getting out on the elevator, and in China people have a different concept of personal space. Often in the metro you hardly have a chance to get off the metro before people start shoving themselves on. As I was getting out of the elevator there were two men, I went to the left and one of the men just stood there so I could not get past either way. I gave a look as if to say I need to get by, and his response was "F--k You" then I had to squeeze by him. I was shocked. I have not had a Chinese person be so verbally rude to me (well at least that I could clearly understand). I looked back and gave a dirty look, just to get a "F--k You too" back from him!

It was all too perplexing. Why, why the hostility, why the rudeness? WTF really. I am just hoping he had Cee-Lo Green in his head and was hoping I would catch the reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment